Seeking Applicants : CONTRACT WILDLIFE GUIDES
are an experienced guide,
have a comprehensive knowledge of Australia’s wildlife,
want contract guiding work and
would like to join an award winning team,
we’d love to meet you.
– EQUAL OPPORTUNITY WORKPLACE –
Do you know and love Australia’s wildlife?
- Would you like to join Australia’s premier wildlife tour operator as part of a small, enthusiastic and dedicated team devoted to helping both domestic and international guests understand and protect our wildlife IN THE WILD?
- Do you have a genuine, in depth, knowledge of Australia’s birds, mammals and natural environments and great guiding skills enabling you to enthusiastically and effectively share your knowledge with our guests?
- Are you open-minded and willing to integrate your skills into our style by participating in our in-house guide training program?
Echidna Walkabout seeks Contract Wildlife & Nature Guides. We have over 28 years experience operating high quality wildlife tours, in the wild, for international and domestic travellers.
TO APPLY – your application MUST display (NB: WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO APPLICANTS WHO FAIL TO MEET THESE CONDITIONS)
- A comprehensive, detailed knowledge and understanding of Australian wildlife and environments. (You do not have to be a scientist. We are seeking people who are confident about identifying and describing individual species of birds and mammals)
- Previous guiding experience
STYLE – successful applicants will be:
- passionate about wildlife – in the wild
- able to deliver information about our unique wildlife in a friendly, enthusiastic, respectful and courteous manner
- happy to work closely with Aboriginal People across Australia
- willing to participate in our in-house guide training program (regardless of previous experience)
PRESENTATION & PERFORMANCE – you will need to:
- be outgoing and well presented
- have first class communication and public speaking skills
- work unsupervised in wild and natural areas
- guide groups ranging in size from 2 to 40 people
- work alongside our small enthusiastic team
- guide first class, world standard, wildlife tours
BASIC PREREQUISITES – you should:
- previous guiding experience
- have a full drivers license
- able to drive both manual and automatic vehicles
- a Victorian Drivers Certificate
- Level 2 First Aid Certificate
APPLICATIONS: To better understand our business please research our website: echidnawalkabout.com.au then email your resume, contact details, references and any pertinent information (or questions) to:
Roger Smith, Director Operations, Echidna Walkabout: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: DO NOT telephone us. We will NOT accept telephone calls about this advertisement. If you have any questions please email them to Roger (see above)
We will respond to all applicants whose application adheres to the above requirements. We will contact you if we would like to talk to you further or offer you an interview.
Wildlife Guide Training
All our tours are fully guided by experienced, highly-trained Wildlife Guides. Read about our Wildlife Guide Training Program